Monday, January 9, 2012

First two articles

The Cheese Monkeys

I have to admit, this article is confusing. The title leads people’s imagination. I have no any thoughts when I finished reading it at the first time, but we I took a deep breath and read it all over again, I can figure out the interesting meaning of this article. This article is interesting, I don’t know whether is appropriate to say it is “black humor”. Author uses some weird and interesting way to define some ideas, “Left to Right” and “Tuesday and Thursday”. This article is a package of author’s imagination.

One thing that I really dislike this article is this article seems really unorganized. When I was reading this paragraph, I could not predict what is at the next paragraph. Many paragraphs look like unconnected. Maybe I am not good enough to understand the structure of this article, but this article shows us the different ways of thinking.



The Heresy of Zone Defense

I am a fan of basketball, so compare with “The Cheese Monkeys”, this article is easier for me to understand it. I love this article starts with a great moment of basketball history. Those histories push basketball’s growth. Rules make basketball a better sport. I think making rule is really important in everywhere, not just the sport game. After reading this article, I could not find the relation between art and this article, but basketball game itself is an art.

I have watched Erving’s classic shot on Youtube, it is amazing…

No comments:

Post a Comment